We aim to maximize the potential of the country to develop increased local content in the oil and gas industry and the wider energy sector and establish EMERGE as the energy education and training hub of the region.
Our objective is to promote Cyprus as a knowledge centre supporting the effective development of the energy sector in Cyprus and the region and act as a facilitator of effective regional collaboration.
By developing and promoting the relevant skills and knowledge for implementation of the best international industry practice, an effective business and regulatory environment will be created in Cyprus and the region, which will establish Cyprus as an attractive base for investments, start-up creation and regional business activities.
- To develop a proactive and systematic strategy for education and training
- To proactively examine how needs are likely to develop for Cyprus and the region
- To learn from experiences from other countries and regions
- To establish collaborations with other leading experts and education Centres
- To develop programmes that will be targeted towards various groups including students, researchers, professionals and entrepreneurs
- To promote STEM education and increased female participation in the energy sector
- To explore innovative and effective educational modes including e-learning