Strategic Energy Studies
The recent discoveries of natural gas in the Eastern Mediterranean region, along with the global push towards using cleaner fuels and alternatives modes for generating power, present significant opportunities for the energy sector, the nation and the region. The objective is to achieve continuous improvement in energy performance over a longer-term period, by reducing energy consumption through improved energy efficiency and energy conservation, reduced energy costs, and improved reliability through integration of distributed energy resources.
The role of EMERGE
- Developing a holistic approach for managing energy use in order to continuously improve energy performance, by achieving persistent energy and cost savings over the long term.
- Identifying methods of reducing energy waste and improving energy intensity.
- Analyzing the current position regarding energy use in the region.
- Identifying areas where progress can best be made in reducing energy consumption and implementing renewable technologies.
- Developing a plan that maximizes energy savings and reduces operational costs.
- Identifying and taking advantage of investment opportunities in the Energy and Natural Resource capital markets.